Friday 30 March 2012

Evaluation Question 4: Who would be the audience for your media product?

Buyer Profile


Name: Lily
Age:  17
Gender: Female
Nationality: British
City: Portsmouth
Favourite Bands/Artists: Laura Marling, The Vaccines, The Black Keys,
Arctic Monkeys,
Top 5 played songs on iPod:
1-Don’t Look Back in Anger-Oasis
2-Off to the Races-Lana Del Rey
3-Piledriver Waltz-Arctic Monkeys
4-Goodbye Kiss-Kasabian
5-Wetsuit-The Vaccines
Hobbies: My hobbies are having fun! Going out with friends and I love shopping! I also play guitar.
What’s your favourite magazine in general: Company
How much would you spend on a magazine: Between £2 and £4
How often do you buy music magazines: Monthly
What do you look for in a music magazine: Features with my favourite artists as well as focus on up and coming music. I also like to hear about the behind the scenes goings on with my favourite people to listen to.
Where do you hear first about new music: Radio, music channels (Kerrang, MTV music) and magazines
Where do you listen to music: You tube, iPod, Radio
What social networks are you joined with: Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr
How do you consume media: I consume music from the moment I wake up I put my radio on. Then I listen to my IPod on the bus to college. Until I get home I won’t consume media, apart from when I check Facebook and twitter on my phone.  Through twitter I can follow my favourite artists and see what they are doing. When I get home I go on the internet and read my favourite fashion blogs whilst listening to the music channels in the background. I’ll also listen to songs on YouTube that throughout the day have been suggested to me by friends. Also if I’m ever in the car I listen to the Radio. I’m constantly consuming media especially musically.

Buyer Profile

Buyer Profile
Name: Ella
Age: 19
Gender: Female
Nationality: British
City: London
Favourite Bands/Artist: Florence and the Machine,
Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds, Ed Sheeran, Crystal
Castles
Top 5 songs played on iPod:
1-Crystal Castles-Not in Love
2-Florence and the Machine-All this and heaven too
3-Purity Ring-Lofticries
4-The XX-VCR
5-Brick by Brick-Arctic Monkeys
Hobbies: My hobbies include going to gigs most weekends, especially ones of local bands as I like new music, going out with friends, making music and singing with my guitar!
What’s your favourite magazine in general: Wonderland
How much would you spend on a magazine: Usually between £3 and £4
How often do you buy music magazines: Monthly
What do you look for in a music magazine: Lots of focus and maybe a monthly feature on up and coming artists as I like that they are given an opportunity to be read about and I love new music. Also stuff to do with the music I like is what I look for.
Where do you hear first about new music: I hear through my friends as we all have the same music taste, also the radio and music blogs I follow
Where do you listen to music: iPod, Radio, Gigs, You Tube
What social networks are you joined with: Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr
How do you consume media: On a day to day basis I consume a lot of media. I like to check music blogs on my phone in the mornings on the way to university whilst also listening to my iPod. Once I get to uni I check my facebook and twitter feeds. Then when I get home I listen to my radio looking out for new stuff, then I’ll download it as well as songs I’ve seen mentioned on blogs . On the way to a gig I will listen to music again on my iPod then once I arrive I obviously listen to the music. I usually end  a night watching television for about an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment