Tuesday 22 November 2011

Final front cover for my student magazine

Below is the final design of my student magazine. Overall I am quite happy with the way it turned out. The colours not only represent the colours of South Downs, relating to the fact it's a college themed magazine, but I also feel that looking at the cover, I feel that this colour pallette will be attractive to boys and girls as they are neautral colours. The type used for the taglines is quite bold and the way that the article names are in larger bolder letters attract the audience to see what they say. The contrasting blue and green pattern in coverline names I feel is also a fun twist, that just makes the overall cover look more appealing. The elipsis tool I used to create the puff I personally think suits the coverline of WIN! because it stands out and jumps out at you, something you would do if you won a competition. I'm really happy with the way the image of my student is alligned right with a white background that leaves room for all the coverlines. I also am happy with the masthead and feel the design chosen by my classmates was the right one. Overall  I am happy with this cover and feel that it could be attractive to the 16-18 year olds attending South Downs and they would want to read it after taking a first glance at the cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment