Monday 16 January 2012

Practising a double page spread.





Above is my first attempt at a double page spread. I wanted to practise it first before I created the real one with text, and different pictures to suit the magazine. I found it quite simple and picked up how to do different things quite easily and these easy things look effective. I made the spread simple at first with a headline and text using the text box tool then collums by using 
the collums and margins selection in the layout drop down menu and a picture using the rectangle image tool . I thought i could expand on this. 


In the picture below I have manipulated the spread. Firstly I inserted a second picture and used text wrapping so I could place it anywhere on the text and the text would make move for the picture. Secondly I inserted a text box in the bottom left hand margin and placed a page number, making sure it was an even number on the left hand side of the page. I will use these skills when creating my real double page spread and I feel confident doing so because they are so simple to do yet effective.



No comments:

Post a Comment