Sunday 22 January 2012

Target Audience Research

I decided I wanted to get to know the target audience I was aiming at and really find out what they wanted from a music magazine so I can make mine as good as possible and for people to actually want to read it. To carry out my research I wrote a questionaire on freeonlinesurveys.com to send to girls I knew who had recently attended an Arctic Monkeys gig. I chose this gig as they cover the genre I am covering in my magazine, so the people I'm asking have to have an interest in this music to gain the best results. I sent it to ten girls. From my market research I can help write my proposal, create flatplans and begin to make my magazine. Below is a link to a copy of the questionaire and the results.

Free Online Surveys

Results...
Artists and bands such as Arctic Monkeys. Laura Marling, The Vaccines and Bon Iver were most popular to come up. This is good as they are all part of the genre I want my magazine to be.
Things they wanted to read about that often came up were features on new artists or bands, behind the scenes gossip and oppertunities to win prizes.
80% of girls would pay £2.50-£3.50 for their monthly music magazine, 20% would pay $4+.
Almost all of the girls often attended gigs or festivals.

This research has reallt been helpful. I can now decide on a price for my magazine that will be affordable and reasonable to my audience. Also I have ideas for diferent feautures and coverlines to have on my cover as well as bands/artists to involve.

No comments:

Post a Comment