Monday 31 October 2011

Initial Ideas

After starting to understand the way in which magazines are produced with everything in mind, below I have begun thinking of initial ideas to help me in the process of creating my college magazine.


Target Audience
  • 16-18 year olds
  • Boys and girls
  • College Students
Typical Content
  • College Information
  • Student Life
Cover Lines/Contents Ideas
  • Student Discount
  • Latest Events
  • Student social life
  • Sport
  • College trips
  • Extra curricular activities
Colour Scheme
  • Bright
  • College colours (blue/green)
  • Have to appeal to both male and female
  • Reduced palette
  • Eye catching
When published
  • Every term
Titles/Tagline
  • South Downs Speaks
  • South Downs Says
  • SDC
  • SD Central
Images
  • Students
  • Boy and a girl
  • 2 or 3 people
  • Happy people
  • Medium shoulder shot
Font
  • Stand out colours
  • Certain cover line words to stand out
Masthead
  • Eye-catching
  • Bold
  • Readable Font


I decided to list my ideas as I feel it's a good way to have all your ideas clearly in front of you. Obviously I will have to keep looking back at this for inspiration during my designing process as it is full of ideas. Next I will create flatplans of what I would like my magazine to include before going on to make the proposal.

No comments:

Post a Comment